If you are reading this, I am utilizing this Medium post as a quickly and easy way for both me to collectively share various job postings from a few startups I am assisting, but also so a reader can easily access this via a Medium link, since not of all the jobs are currently available online.
I often do what I can to help spread the word on things like this and I encourage you to share the information as well, especially if you know someone who may be interested in the jobs.
The info below is summarized so more details can be found by connecting to the company (also look for hyperlinks to jobs and companies). With the positions below for these companies, I would say all may prefer the applicants to be from Fargo Moorhead or Grand Forks or North Dakota, but some are open to remote for the right hire.
STAX— A newly founded fintech company whose mission is to empower individuals to align their financial lives, from investments to spending habits, with their personal values.
STAX is currently hiring a Backend Engineer. After sketching out a rough concept in excel macros and codifying that in jupyter notebooks, STAX is
ready to formalize a prototype consumer application. This prototype will be leveraged for fundraising and to gather feedback before going to market. You will collaborate closely with founders Josh and David to bring the prototype to life.
● 3+ years of software engineering experience
● Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions
● Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems
● Good intuition for REST API design
● Experience with investment/financial account aggregation APIs (Plaid, Yodlee)
● Experience with financial market data APIs (Refinitiv, Morningstar, Xignite)
● Experience building and deploying secure consumer apps
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
● Python3 / PySpark / C++ / C
● Familiarity with a subset of the above will be helpful — able to train an otherwise qualified candidate.
ADDITIONAL NOTES & HOW TO APPLY:
This first engagement will be for 3 months, full time, starting as soon as we find the right person. To apply, please send your CV to Josh (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and David ( email@example.com )
701x — A Fargo startup that develops and manufactures highly innovative precision agriculture technologies for livestock.
They are looking for a full-time Embedded Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience as well as an Electrical Engineering intern (for the summer). For more information, contact Max at Max.Cossette@701x.com.
Airtonomy — A software platform compatible with commercial drone hardware. Centered on advanced workflows, Airtonomy leverages artificial intelligence, robotics, IoT architecture and cloud computing to form a multi-purpose, on-demand solution that empowers users to automate processes, cut costs, and improve safety, all with the push of a button.
They are looking for several positions, which I will very briefly summarize:
- Software Engineers — Two highly skilled general programmers and one devops / linux / infrastructure person.
- Machine Learning Lead — 3–4 years of experience in data science and data analysis; Significant experience in deploying real world Machine Learning projects
- Flight (Robotics) Lead — Ideally 5+ years of experience with Robot Operating System (ROS); Significant (5+ years) experience with C++; Some (2+ years) experience with Python.
-Technical Project Manager — At least 5 years of experience writing software; 10+ years Project Management (PM) in the software industry
For more information, questions, etc., please contact Josh firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tailorie — A social recommendation platform that will change the way brands and consumers discover one another.
They are currently looking for two positions, a lead/sr engineer and a DevOps person to manage their AWS infrastructure. Job descriptions can be found on these Indeed postings:
- Sr Back-end Developer / Lead Developer
- Lead DevOps Architect
Codelation — Our team of web and app builders, testers, marketers, content creators and startup coaches collaborate to design, build, test and grow web apps and products for startups of all sizes in all verticals.
They currently have the following positions: Software Engineer I, Software Engineer II, Customer Success Coordinator, and we will be posting for a Business Analyst soon. More info on their Careers page.
If I’m approached about some additional startup tech jobs soon, I may edit this post to add them as well.